Saturday, March 15, 2014

Introduction

Two decades ago, women were a novelty in sports media.  Today almost every sideline reporter is a female.  While women are being given more opportunities, there are still double standards throughout the industry.  In this blog I represent both a woman in a man's world and a mother trying to have it all.

WHO AM I?
I've spent the last twenty years covering some of the biggest sporting events and sports stories.  I'm a sports anchor, reporter in a top 10 television market for a local FOX station.  Being a woman in a predominantly male profession has many challenges, but also has it's advantages.

Working in sports media is a profession that consumes your life.  So when my attempt at motherhood turned into a triple, life got really crazy!  I gave birth to identical triplet girls in 2010.  Having it all is exhausting, yet rewarding.

WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET:
In my blog I will be sharing my take on current sports issues and telling some hilarious and at times troubling sports stories.  I hope to inspire and advise other women who are considering a career in a profession filled with men and also mothers who are balancing home and work.  I will detail both incidents of discrimination and harassment, as well as favor and good will.  I will also share my experiences as I juggle work, marriage, triplets and graduate school.  I have had great successes in my life, but have also made my share of mistakes both personally and professionally.  Hopefully others can learn from my missteps and be amused by my anecdotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment